'Sold' : Urban Transcripts - The Journal

Referring to a poem which I had written sitting in my room on the roof lit by fairy lights, "Sold", in the city of Ahmedabad. When I was writing it, I remember writing it multiple times. The process involved writing different lines at different times on different days. I started with, "there is a giant mountain behind another mountain...", and then in the following weeks I started writing about the roads, the rivers, the night. Eventually, this got sewn into a feeling which I wanted to share. A feeling of running out of affordability to make certain choices after having made certain choices. And thence came my favourite line - For the future's lure, my breath is sold

It got published in the 'LAND' issue Volume 3, No.3 AUTUMN 2020 of The Urban Transcripts Journal where I presented the poem as an expression from a migrant student.

May find the link as Sold - a letter from the city

Comments

Popular Posts

डरती हूँ मैं

याद ही है तेरी बस!

Dear Spiti